Wednesday, March 10, 2010

{Dr. Jared and his assistant Zeika at Give Kids a Smile, February 27, 2010}

Yesterday I went to the dentist.

As in, had an appointment, made arrangements for the kids and went to the dentist. It was divine and rare.

I settled into my chair fully hoping that Dr. Jared {as he's called at the office so as not to confuse him with Dr. Condie, his dad} would sedate me with an IV and do some full mouth restorations on me while I slumbered. I was nervous!

Natalie his awesome and ever so spunky assistant made sure I was comfortable with my movie {I chose Planet Earth} and Dr. Jared turned on the "laughing gas"- he used a mouth prop which had a fabulous chair for my tongue and the rest.....well, I don't really remember.

It was a weird out of body experience. I could hear all that was going on around me but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes, or nod or acknowledge that I was anything but dead weight sitting in the chair.

I had no idea of time. The day stopped and as I took an amazing nap while learning about the migration pattern of Salmon. I walked out of there refreshed from my two hour nap and sporting some sparkling, decay free teeth!

I sure love my dentist!

2 comments:

dani said...

i would LOVE to come have your hubby do my dental work since I have so much of it done...being asleep during it would be FANTASTIC!

Kati said...

I love your dentist, too. Maybe not quite the SAME way as you...but he really is GREAT at what he does in that office. He takes such good care of me and I love my 2 hour nap I get when I go to visit "Dr. Jared"