Friday, March 5, 2010

Say it ain't so
I'm guessing it's a good thing we stopped at the park on Tuesday after we went to the library. Our faces soaked in some vitamin D while our spirits caught a glimmer of hope that Spring was around the corner and this would become more of an everyday adventure. This one day adventure should hold us for a few more weeks until the forecast no longer surprises us with fluffy white snow.

Today it seems as if we'll be soaking up something else. The warmth of the fire along with hot cocoa after shoveling, building and playing in the white goodness that has once again visited.

I'm really not complaining or surprised. It snowed while I was in the hospital after having Creed which was the end of March and being tucked inside allows me time to feel guilty about the list of projects that still need to be completed. If it was good weather outside, I'd have to feel guilty about yard work and house work. So today, I'll focus my attention on the inside and honestly, none of my projects may get completed but I can promise you we may make a fort, enjoy some homemade cookies and spend lots of time at the table coloring, creating and drawing with the ream of paper I bought yesterday! If we're lucky, we may even get dressed before Jared gets home from work!



4 comments:

Laurie said...

Too bad you weren't down here enjoying the warmth with me and letting Jared freeze on the snowmobiles. COME AND SEE US!!!

Sue said...

Better you than me. I've had enough! I felt a bit spoiled this week with the 50-ish weather, and now I feel jinxed.

Rachel said...

It's not always a fun surprise, but it's really pretty! Good for you for seeing the bright side. Besides, y'all really need the moisture, right? I'm actually feeling sort of gypped it didn't snow while we were there. Some good 'ol Utah sleddin' would have been fun.

Sarah said...

Oh, I feel your pain. however, we are looking at mid 50's the entire week. Can't wait.!!!