Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


This year for Thanksgiving we headed to Moab to my brother Jason's house. It's always fun to go on a road trip and we were all excited for the much needed getaway.


We decided to take the ATV's and go on a little ride the day after Thanksgiving. Despite getting a flat tire on the trailer in Castle Dale and Jared spending an hour getting it changed in the cold dark night, we made it safely down and had a great time.

My sister-in-law Jen found the pattern for these adorable turkey shirts and so we made some for the kiddos. I think they turned out adorable and the kids loved wearing them. It was taking longer than anticipated so Jared made Easton's and Easton loved saying "dad made mine."

These two little tykes are about 7 weeks apart. Easton loves Addie and talks about her all the time. It was great to be able to spend a few days letting them play.

Creed enjoyed his first Thanksgiving. He loved the mash potatoes and the roll and started pulling himself up on the furniture and even walked along their fireplace.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. Moist turkey, perfectly mashed potatoes and just enough sides to fill every space in my belly! Gibson was insistent on eating the turkey leg but he didn't have too much space left after eating 10 {ten} celery with cheese sticks! Pumpkin Pie and Apple Crisp for dessert {hours later, after the nap and walk} and it was the perfect Thanksgiving.

Thank you Jason and Jen for allowing the three wild boys to take over your household. Everything was fantastic and we certainly enjoyed ourselves!

{The ATV ride was awesome too. I'm a wimp and drove slow. Jared is fast and made several dust storms for the rest of us. The boys loved "driving" and we ended at an amazing overlook that was picture perfect. However, I didn't take my camera since I don't have a point and shoot {hint hint Jared} and I didn't want to lug the gigantic SLR. So trust me, Moab is beautiful. You should all visit.}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad I wasn't there...I miss those kiddies.

and love that you're back to blogging! Keep it up!!

Aly G said...

Sounds wierd but I am so glad to see I am not the only one who thinks celery with cheese wiz is a must on thanksgiving! I made a whole platter and was the only one who ate them! Glad to see I am not crazy and other people think they exist too.:)

Sarah said...

what a fun time it looks like. wish i was in moab on thanksgiving. those shirts are adorable.