Halloween 2009
Halloween was SO low key this year, we loved it! Gibson and Easton chose costumes from the dress up box and a friend of mine had this chicken costume we borrowed for Creed. We hung out all day running a few errands, doing a little yard work and when we saw neighbor kids starting to head out, we got the kids into their costumes and headed out.Last year we went to 5 or so houses. We were home and in our jammies by 6:30. I was looking forward to the same routine but the boys had other ideas. We went up and down several streets. Cousins joined us and the boys were in heaven. Towards the end of the night Easton was lagging behind but wouldn't give up. He eventually got a ride on Jared's back until we made the kids head home.
The kids had WAY too much candy so I let them pick out their favorite 10 pieces and then they exchanged the rest for a toy I had on hand. Which worked great at our house.

Optimus Prime
Gibson decided early on that he was going to be Optimus Prime. I eventually asked him why and he said because Jonny at school was going to be Bumblebee! I thought he was too young to figure out his costume with his friends but I guess not.

Baby Chicken
Creed was less than thrilled to be a chicken. He eventually warmed up to it but I think it's just because it was a little cold and it kept him nice and toasty.

BUZZ Lightyear
Are we surprised?
4 comments:
too cute!... Ethan wore the same chicken costume...
I am thinking a yoda costume may be in Creeds future.
I love the chicken. What a hit. How are things?
What an adorable chicken!! I just LOVE costume boxes. I only wish my kids would recycle their costumes. Most end up in threads.
Post a Comment