Foodsaver Friday
{except today is Saturday}
I've had a few people ask me about my foodsaver and what I actually intended to use it for so I thought I'd show you. Yesterday as I was preparing to make THIS banana chocolate swirl bread, I found my half eaten, opened bag of chocolate chips. This was the perfect situation to throw those chips into a jar and seal in the freshness.
Of course I couldn't stop there since I had the foodsaver out on the counter so I sealed up some peanut butter chips {which by looking at them should have been sealed months ago, they've lost their yummy color}, some rice and some apricots.
It took all of 30 seconds for each container and they fit nicely on my shelf and I actually can see how much of a certain product I have. {Plus those jars have measuring marks on the side, thank you Ball Mason Jars.}
When I get my large storage room {which I'm certainly getting} I have plans to seal a lot more things like flour, sugar, salt, and some spices. I'm just in love with the concept of buying in bulk and sealing in the freshness. It just makes sense. Unlike using coupons which I still don't get. That's a post in and of itself!
3 comments:
Look at you go! I can't wait to talk more about it.
oooh I won't lie...it makes me want one. How about i just bring all my supplies, jars, and baggies to your house and we have a "sister saver day"? Has a nice ring to it don't ya think?
K- i have one too and LOVE LOVE LOVE It. I have been into dehydrating too and have sealed so much. glad I'm not the only nerd around with one of these.
Post a Comment