Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Magic Skor Bars

{picture stolen from Sue's blog}

I'd like to publicly thank Sue for helping me gain back any of the weight I've lost since having Creed. Really, Sue. Did you need to post this recipe on your blog??


40-48 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Line large cookie sheet with saltine crackers. Boil together butter and brown sugar for 4 minutes. Pour butter mixture over crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for an additional minute, then spread chocolate evenly on top. Sprinkle with finely chopped pecans. Cool a little, but not too much before taking out of the cookie sheet. {I thought these were much better the next day, or at least when all the chocolate was completely cooled and hardened. }

Make a list of everyone you're going to give them to. They are rich and delicious and so "bite size" it's easy to eat several without even realizing it! 

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yea! It's a Syd recipe...
always winners... (if they have your stamp on them!) THanks.!

shannan maio said...

Yummy, looks good!

Sue said...

Oh. Look at you. Not even a comment on that crazy post to tell me you're stealing my melty photography.

It's a happy day when dessert can be made out of saltines.

I loved the meanest mom ever post. I had a similar experience in Albertson's this week over a lollipop. Ridiculous.