{Happenings}
{Fat Pants and Bell Shaped Shirts!}
In honor of entering my 3rd trimester last week {yeah} I also entered the box of maternity clothes that I have been faithfully avoiding for the past 24 weeks {sigh}
It became a needed necessity when the only pair of jeans I have that still fit were in the dirty laundry {thanks to a puking child with a bad aim} and I had to go out in public. The pajama pants had to be put away and the elastic waist band pants were my only option. Luckily they were cute- so I didn't feel so humongous in them but still.....THEY HAD AN ELASTIC WAIST BAND and were meant to be worn in public!
Thanks to a few people who headed my call to let me borrow their oh so stylish maternity clothes {I have two bins of maternity clothes....in storage....somewhere I can't get to} {double sigh}
So, here they are! Lots of shirts in the shape of a bell!! Oh, happy day! {I have yet to wear a maternity shirt....they are huge and I'll avoid them at all costs but the pants, those I just couldn't avoid.
{CHRISTMAS CARDS!}
Are done.
Are in the mail.
If you don't get one, it means I didn't have your address. Mail me a Christmas card and I'll mail you one:) {or email me your address and you'll get to see our surprising good Christmas photo on an adorable card that I didn't design {thanks Bri Weir}
Yes, I caved. I joined Facebook. WHY? Several reasons...
1) Jared wouldn't let me log in under his name and search around. He kept it to himself and told me that if I wanted to know and see about it, I could join myself!
2) Dr. Tuft's wife {other dentist in the office} has a facebook account {she's in her 40's} and told me that I was LITERALLY the only one who didn't have one. Even the relief society president in their ward had a facebook account! Wow, how do you compete with that. I don't....I joined.
3)My friend Tara who had a baby before Thanksgiving was holding her new baby's pictures and information hostage on her facebook account. She basically told me that I was the ONLY one who didn't have an account and if I wanted to see her baby, I'd join.
SO, those are three reasons why I joined!
Do I get it? NO
Do I have anything on it? NO
But am I a facebook member, Oh YES, YES I am!
8 comments:
First of all...I can't believe you can go that long (especially with this being your 3rd) without wearing maternity clothes! Lucky, lucky girl! I swear I have to start wearing the bells at 12 weeks! I guess I am just huge.
Second...I still don't get facebook either. But, I am a member too. I only go there when I get a request or a message. I guess it is fun to see old friends and catch up though. Just be prepared to become friends with people you would have never imagined yourself being "friends" with! I am not doing Christmas cards this year. That is how simple I am making the holidays. I am proud of you for getting yours done. I can't wait to find out what that baby is! I can't believe Jared knows! Has he slipped even a little bit of SHHHHHe, or HHHHe?
I feel your pain, I gave into maternity pants about a week ago, like you no shirts! Here's to the third trimester!!! (it's a girl by the way)
Yuck! Sorry about the maternity clothes, but YAY that you have gone this long without them!
Nice going on the cards, too! I had such good intentions this fall. Swore I'd have them done by November 1st. Totally didn't happen. Oh well. There's always next year! :)
Oh, and I'm glad you joined Facebook too. There are apparently all kinds of things you can do on there, but I have no clue how. I'll get a tutorial from one of my young women and then let you in on all the secrets.
I am so glad you got a facebook account Syd. It is so much easier to talk to friends than a phone call or a text sad to say. If I have a free minute @ work I will log on, but I won't call a friend regretfully. It is not hard but I am very basic! I cannot wait to see what kind of baby this new Condie will be! Merry Christmas! Hey- who makes up the words for the word verification anyways? I want that probably high paying silly job...
Love ya,
Nat
Hey congrats on just barely having to ware the maternity clothes. If you need some more I have some still in my closet that would love to come to yours.
I guess I am now the only one with no facebook account. Maybe at some point but we all know how well I blog.
24 weeks and just into prego clothes. I was in them at 16 NO FAIR. My cards went out today yee haw nothing to call home about. And facebook don't get it either but caved because of peer pressure. One more thing to don online YIKES. I have found alot of high school friends so that is kind of fun.
You should make a tag that says, "I didn't have to wear these until week 25!" THat's something to celebrate. And, knowing you, I am sure you look oh so chic even with the "yes I am" wardrobe.
I joined facebook and quit my account two days later. At first it was fun to see all these random people from high school and my home town but then it got more random and took up too much time. (I got crazy emails) With a blog and regular email, I'm good. So sorry, I won't be sending you a facebook friends email-- it's not personal!
Does you RS president have an enrichment or SUper Saturday blog? Maybe she has too much free time!
Seriously, you are lucky that you are just now in maternity clothes. I know maternity clothes aren't the cutest, but they are so comfortable. I still wear my maternity swimsuit and have a maternity sweater that I wear. -I'm a dork, I know.
Michael has been pressured into the whole Facebook thing and thinks EVERYONE is on Facebook. It doesn't appeal to me, but then again, neither did blogs at first.
Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment