Sunday, December 7, 2008

Super Simple Snowflakes

My sister-in-law was sporting was one of these necklaces,
as I browsed the site and then the blog, I ran across this blog.

She had this little craft projects for kids and since it was super simple and super cute {plus super cheap}, I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's the supplies you need.

Step 1: Make a snowflake design out out of the q-tips
Step 2: Dabble glue...don't be shy, use lots of glue {Gibson loved this part}

Step 3: Sprinkle with glitter





Step 4: Wait for them to dry {ours our still drying, I think they need about 48 hours to be completely dry}


When they are done, they should look like THIS! Super cute and Super Simple! {Glue .34, Glitter .98, q-tips, already had. So for less than $1.50 {I think the glitter could have made two) I had two smiling and happy boys and at least 30 minutes of entertainment!}

{helpful hints: if making them with your kids friends, cut out a piece of cardboard for them to be made on, so they can go home with that child and dry, otherwise, they'll have to sit at your house for a few days and dry.}

4 comments:

Zipporah said...

That is really cute! I might just give it a try.

Kati said...

What a GREAT idea! I think I may have to do this one.
Thanks for sharing!

510Jen said...

I am always looking for new crafts can't wait~

Ben and Krystal said...

this is a very cute idea, although i wonder if my kids can stand the 48 hour drying period. they kinda like that instant gratification...