Hey Guys,
"I found sumthin......" said Gibson
"It's a spider and it's moving across the grass"
I was sorta expecting a daddy-long-leg or something of it's equivalent in size. I was not expecting a TARANCHULA!!!
I know I have boys and I'm suppose to think this is cool and awesome that we found one but I just think it's gross and a little creepy- It's like watching the movie Arachnophobia in Kristy C's family room all over again....ugh.
26 comments:
What the H3!!?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?
Are tarantulas native to Utah? If so, that may be just enough to make me rethink my desire to move back home.
EW! EW! EW! EW! EW!
What are you going to do when he wants to keep the snake he finds slithering through the grass? AHHHH!
and you let him keep it....
I thought they just sold them at Pet Stores... yeouch! Sounds like something Tyler would do!
Yes Rachel they are native to Utah and other desert states. Good for you Gibson if they bite you I am told they feel like a bee sting. But I don't know I have never dared to hold one. They know if you are scared of them.
Boy oh boy...you are just beginging your boy "fun"....sorry Syd, but it just gets more "interesting" the bigger they get....that is one UGLY spider
Oh no you didn't. Who caught that ginormous thing for you. I think I would you know what my pants if I saw this. YIKES>
EWWWWW, I think that is worse than the bat in my garage!!! We watched a migration of them in Colorado one time!!! There were hundreds of them it was GROSS!!!
Holy Huge!!! Not cool.
Those pictures give me the shiver me timbers.....and scare the living shiz out of me. I am praying that you live somewhere near the mountains, 'cause I couldn't stomach knowing that these crazy a** spiders are just roaming around anywhere and everywhere. I'll have nightmares for sure.
PS. You're the third person I know who has seen one lately. I wonder if there's an abundance this year or something. (shudder)
I would die. I get the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. How well do sleep?
Sydney,
Mike and my boys want me to make sure you don't get rid of that thing. Mike is wondering what you are doing with it and if you want to know what it likes to eat. Yep, it's gross and it only gets worse.
I found one of those at my parents door step growing up. I wonder if Jared remembers that? Someone took it to show-n-tell.
Oh my goodness, I would die! I'm sure my boys would think that was pretty cool. I'll have to show them the picture. I hope it doesn't have family members close by! : )
What the! I've seen several here in AZ but I didn't see one once in all my 25 years in Utah.
I think it's cool and you are an awesome mom for letting him catch it!
Woah, Treyson would have screamed like a girl and Cru probably would have stepped on it. That thing is insane.
Wow! That is amazing. I have two boys with mixed feelings about bugs.
So how are you liking Utah? How is the practice going? So fun to finally be settled enough to get updated on peoples blogs!
That gives me the willies! Sick-I'm with Jen I think I would of something my pants and then passed out! Where did you find it-please tell me outside!
WOW! We have the same post Syndey. AND!!! ... one of the kids on Josiah's soccer team found a dead one on their lawn. What is going on in HAppy Valley? uhhhuuhuhuh
Blah! I'm cringing just sitting here. I would have been half way to mom's house after seeing that thing!
Is Gibson keeping it?
That is NASTY. If I saw that thing in my yard I would not be able to sleep at night. Has it become a member of you family or did you let it loose?
That is so sick. I would have died. How did the pie turn out?
Ew! Ew! Ew!
One thing I learned in my Cozumel days: Don't stomp, crush or step on them (as if you would). You have to BURN a spider like that. Their babies live on their backs. If you don't burn them, their babies will hatch and then attack you. (ok, I added that part. They really won't attack.)
one word....YIKES! Where the heck did that thing come from???
btw I'm jealous that you got to slc for the conference. I couldnt even make it to the stake center because I got the stomach flu!
so this is what I have to look forward to as a mom of a boy huh? :)
Syd:
I'm so proud of you for daring to get it into a jar! Just last week Kim and I were on our road bikes heading up Provo Canyon and I saw Kim yell and forced me to stop. We had just passed the SAME THING on the bike trail. I was dumb enough to think that it couldn't have been a TARANCHULA??? But I guess there are a lot of them in our area this year! FREAKY. Just look inside your shoes before you put them on.
Ew Ew Ew...I am going to have nightmares tonight! How does he even dare hold that thing in a jar and who in the world caught it?
Post a Comment