Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Roasted Veggie Enchiladas

Zucchini and squash seem to be bursting from everyones gardens around here so i thought I'd post my new favorite recipe from my friend Sarah. We love it and even my boys will devour it.

Roasted Veggie Enchiladas

½ c. onion
1 red pepper, chopped
1 zuccini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1 c. frozen sweet corn
1 can olives
1 can black beans- drained
1 16 oz. green chili enchilada sauce ( I usually use 2 cans)
1/2 t. ground cumin
½ t. oregano
garlic salt
grated cheese
tortillas (10-12)

Saute onion, pepper, zucchini, squash until tender. Add corn olives, beans and spices. Roast until most moisture in gone. Spray 9x13 pan, spread layer of enchilada sauce on bottom. Fill tortillas with mixture and cheese. Top with remaining sauce and cheese if desired. Bake 350 for 30 min. uncovered.

When you use the uncooked tortillas from Costco with fresh veggies from the garden it's a recipe for pure deliciousness!!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time!!! It looks good...so I'll accept it as an update. Why haven't you called me back yet?
I know you aren't still moving that desk...

Tara said...

What kind of cheese do you use? (I know you're incredibly busy... just thought I'd throw it out there, in case you're taking some down time on the computer...)

Sydney said...

Tara, my favorite cheese for anything is a Colby/Monterey mix. I always have it in my fridge but I have made these with Mozarella as well as cheddar and they are both mighty tasty.

Amanda said...

Hey Sydney! Just wanted to let you know that we opened up a workshop for Sept 27th @Thanksgiving Point. www.picturelifeworkshop.blogspot.com