A Day in the life of the Condie's:
Gibson just finished up his first round of swimming lessons. He loves the water as long as he doesn't get his face wet!....I took this picture at the end of his lesson. Notice the dry head.
He was a very animated kid and his favorite part of the lesson is when they'd go get the rings. The other little kids were diving underwater to get theirs, Gibson would use his toes to bring it to shallow water and then reach down and pick them up.
The last day of lessons they let the kids jump off from the side. Each of the kids did it unassisted....except for Gibson. He chose to have help. Needless to say, we'll be repeating the entry level of swimming. When I went to register him, the lady at the desk had the form printing when I realized I hadn't given her ANY of my information. "Don't you need my name" I asked? "oh, we KNOW who your son is!" I'm still wondering if that's good or bad, for my peace of mind I'm guessing he's just the cutest thing in the pool and so they know him:)After lessons, I decided we needed milk and a few other items.....so we drove an hour to Sams Club, why? Just because. It's hot. We're bored. {okay, I'm not bored, we're moving in a few weeks, how could I possibly be bored? The boys are bored and we all needed a break}
So we drove the HOUR to Sams Club. I'm normally a Costco girl but I wanted to get the boys some life jackets and they were sold out at Costco so we kept going to Sams Club. When we got there I realized that I had the kids I swore I'd never have......yup. THOSE KIDS.
Easton had wet through his diaper and his shorts. So, I changed him and it was either put him back in soaking wet shorts or take him into the store in only a diaper and shoes.....
Gibson had lost his shoes. We changed him at the pool so we could get on the road and somewhere in the shuffle we lost his shoes.
So, we went into the store.....Seriously, don't judge me. I drove an HOUR to get there. I wasn't about going to turn around and go home.
Easton had wet through his diaper and his shorts. So, I changed him and it was either put him back in soaking wet shorts or take him into the store in only a diaper and shoes.....
Gibson had lost his shoes. We changed him at the pool so we could get on the road and somewhere in the shuffle we lost his shoes.
So, we went into the store.....Seriously, don't judge me. I drove an HOUR to get there. I wasn't about going to turn around and go home.
This is us coming out of the store. It wouldn't be a trip to a large warehouse full of food if we didn't have the customary $1.50 hot dog and drink combo. Of course we also got a churro, water and ice cream.Did I mention it was 104 degrees??

So while filling up with fuel, I realized that Sams Club has a CAR WASH. Oh yeah. How fun would that be on a hot day?? Gibson enjoyed it. {we already broke out the Sams Club purchases. Fruit Snacks and Juice Boxes....you know, 'cause he's hungry. It was only 10 minutes ago we ate our hot dog, churro and ice cream.}
Easton was, well too hot to care.We got home and while I was putting away the groceries, the boys filled up the once was a sandbox but now is a pool, pool. {thanks Tara}
Easton, has NO fear and before I could get his swimming suit on him, he had jumped in and realized just how good cold water feels on a hot, hot summer afternoon. {click on picture to make larger}
We really tested the limits on his diapers. I didn't want to waste a swim diaper on the backyard {those things aren't cheap} so he ran around without one for a bit. He played for quite a while and then we closed the pool, ate dinner, got in our pj's and prepared for an early night to bed.However,

7 comments:
Cute! I love your blog, you always have such funny ways of explaining daily activities! By the way, Briley loves to get in the bathtub etc in her clothes too. She did it once and now she thinks it is sooo funny. Hopefully, that was a one time for Easton.
We had a long road to getting Hannah comfortable in the water too, hang in there. Ben and Emma are much more the Easton type of water lovers. Hope all the moving preparations are going well.
104 degrees, WOW I am not sure if we have it 104 yet. I has been in the 100's though. I don't think Easton cares if his hair gets wet.
It will be so much fun to have the boys back home and closer to their cousins. We can't wait to go swimming together.
We ALL have "those kids" once and awhile too! I sure wouldn't have driven that far to not go inside either... give me those looks, I don't care.
Swimming without getting your hair wet? That is talent. And Easton seems a hoot, I guess if you are hot, you're hot!!
Sydney, I'm having flash backs. I love your pictures. I need some picture taking lessons.
Hi,
Danny will be so happy to hear you guys are on your way back! I love your blog. Your kids are so dang cute.
Cleaning is $25hr I bring all the cleaning supplies as needed and then you just pay me back. I just do the basic stuff. Bathrooms, kitchen, vacuum, dust, mop. Then about once a month or when needed will do the base boards and blinds. If there are things you do or don't want done I can do whatever.
When you guys get up here we will have to go to dinner. I kinda feel like we are all ready friends, from what Danny has told me about you.
Sorry I tryed to email this to you but it keep coming back. I'll give you mine. nancyfrancom@yahoo.com
Post a Comment