Hair Cuts and Hefty Tips
Easton had his first haircut yesterday. I've been putting it off for months for several reasons. 1) I didn't really think he needed it- it wasn't THAT long 2) He had a semi curl happening in the back and I didn't want to cut it off 3) I didn't want to have to deal with him while getting his hair cut.
"Deal with him?" You might ask. "How hard is it to deal with him, he's only one?"
Ah, I reflect on past hair cutting experiences with his brother. Taking Gibson to get his hair cut is torture. Torture for him, torture for us and torture for the poor gal who drew the short end of the straw. We normally have to bear hug him so tight so he can't wiggle and squirm that everyone involved is sweating, swearing and screaming. We then slip the gal a hefty tip, and hustle out the door so we don't have to hear the other parents wonder out loud why we can't control our child, etc, etc, etc.
A month ago, I asked Jared to give Gibson a "trim"- cut the sides, clean up the top. Jared actually got Gibson to sit still and ended up buzzing his hair....in January....the same day we got a lot of snow. Nothing like a summer do in the middle of a snowstorm!
Needless to say, it was time for a cleanup of the previous haircut. I prepped myself the best I could. I fed them, had snacks, bribed them with a trip to the toy aisle in Target, took them to Monkey Dooz where you pay more "for the atmosphere" and proceeded to go.
Surprisingly, they were great! Ah, it was such a pleasant experience that I had no problem paying extra for the atmosphere. I even gave a hefty tip because I was so happy with the results.




6 comments:
I love the fun places to get the haircuts. It makes such a difference for the younger ones. Especially Brandon, he usually will sit still all he needs is a car and a sucker which usually is covered with hair. But, it does the trick. Very handsome boys.
I might have to try this place. Jesse has been getting his hair cut since he was 6 months old because of the crazy cowlicks (sp), and five years later he still acts like I am cutting his head off. I would pay a lot to get someone who could actually cut his hair so that I don't have to do it anymore.
Do you think they can get Jason to hold still long enough to get his hair cut? I've run out of ideas.
Easton looks so big with his new haircut!
Not even the ((WAY too expensive)) kid's hair salon worked with my little drama queen.
The boys both look SO adorable!
Did you pay your money for the retreat????? What is your decision? I keep going back and forth!
Kati
Easton you look so grownup! What a big boy! Cool spot for a haircut. Wish they would have had one when my boys were little & needed hair cuts. Even the little girls were difficult sometimes. Handsome Boy!! Glad he's my grandson!!!
Ahhhh... the haircut drama. I'm right there with you, sister. Jonah didn't have his first haircut until he was 2 (a wedding forced us to do it then). He's incredibly ticklish, so it's never easy... but he makes it through.
Jackson, on the other hand, had to have his first cut at about 9 months. He's my low-maintenance chill boy, but he screamed bloody murder through his first haircut. And all of the ones since. It's terrible, but he just looks ragged without a short 'do. Thank goodness for the kids' places, or I probably would just let him look bad. At least when I go there, I know the workers signed up for that kind of torture.
Gibson and Easton look wonderful!
Post a Comment