We just returned from an 11 day trip to visit the folks. We had a great time! The highlight of the trip for me (really the reason for the trip) was a long weekend in Vegas with 3 of my best friends from dental school.
Our 4 years in Cleveland would not be what they were without our friends The Koffords, The Wettsteins and The Scholzens. We celebrated holidays, visited The Smoky Mountains, Myrtle Beach, Niagara Falls, Cedar Point, and countless other venues together as friends. These three couples quickly became our "family" as we lived so far away from our own families.
Time has passed, distance has separated us but having a "girls weekend" was just what we needed! We picked Vegas since it was centrally located for the 4 of us and we ate, talked, shopped, received a little pampering and ate some more!
We started our weekend with a trip to the spa where we had every intentions of being there for a few hours, going out to dinner and then hitting Cirque du Soleil. Luckily we ate a bagel before we left because we ended up being there ALL DAY. I got a facial and a pedicure and it was heaven! Ignore the no-makeup in the photo, I had just had my facial!
Lynnette enjoying a pedicure.
So by the time we finished up at the spa we were STARVING! I mean, withering away, need food NOW, starving! We went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory and amazing enough we walked right in. Our waiter could see us wilting so he immediately brought us bread and an appetizer which we ate super fast. So fast that by the time our meal came we were stuffed! Oh, why didn't someone remind us that the portion sizes of Cheesecake Factory's entrees could feed 2 or 3? We totally could have shared our meals but we were too hungry to think. I didn't even have room for Cheesecake (sniff, sniff)
Of course we had to check in with the hubbies to make sure all was well on the home front. Laurie was laughing while she took this picture because she was on the phone too! Love cell phones and LOVE husbands who hold down the fort so we could get together!
We went and saw KA and WOW, it was amazing. I have seen Cirque du Soleil on TV but this was my first LIVE production and it was incredible. Loved it! I especially love the drunk guy in this picture with us.
What would Vegas be without a Buffet?? Well, it wouldn't be Vegas that's for sure! Lynnette insisted that we visit the Wynn and go to their buffet and I'm sure glad she did. It was so yummy! We sat and ate and talked for 2 1/2 hours! Oh, yummy.

We went to the Bellagio and visited the Flower Garden. We had a small case of the giggles while we were there. I can't remember what we were laughing at or maybe it was "whom" we were laughing at.....

Laurie lives a few hours from Vegas and I drove down to her and then se was nice enough to drive to Vegas. She drives a minivan but sometimes I think she forgot. I think she thought she was either driving a sports car or an H2! That minivan has some getup and go power! We discovered the joys of Valet parking and here we are waiting for the minivan to be brought to us.
What would Vegas be without buying 1200 books? Laurie's husband is a pediadontist and they give books to all the children after their dental appointment so Laurie is always looking for childrens books. Well, we found 1200 of them! Good thing she had the minivan. We spent so long looking for books that once again we were starving! So we decided to grab a quick bite to eat and In and Out Burger (did you know they have a secret menu online? Check it out and the next time you go there you can get all sorts of things just by asking for the "secret" ingredients that us normal folk don't know about!)
It had been way too long since I had seen these girls and once we got together it felt like no time had passed at all. We all vowed that it won't be that long again until our next reunion. Lynnette, you're the organized one. Are you on that?So Lynnette, Laurie and Zipporah. Thanks for a wonderful weekend. Thanks for some additional memories. Thanks for being my friends.

9 comments:
So fun to see you with your girlfriends. Girl time is the best. You look great!
First, I'm Sooooo jealous! Looks like a wonderful time. I'm headed to Vegas next month. I CAN'T WAIT! (even if I do have to go to a football game one night) :(
Second, I LOVE your new hair color and can't believe how long it is. You look FAB-U-LOUS!
Third, PLEASE post about the adult braces SOON! That's sure to be good stuff. :)
Love you!
Looks like a lot of fun. Great post and pictures. Your hair is so long!
What a fun time you all had. Glad you were able to see each other again. Miss you girls. Oh Laurie you and the books crack me up.
PS love you hair length and color!
where's the pics of the new braces? Miss you already!
What a fantastic time! I'm so glad we got to share it together. I just love you Syd and I'm so glad we've remained so close. I feel like time never passed and I cannot wait to see you next month. You forgot to mention the embarrassing display of pigging out at the Wynn. :) See you soon!
Oops...I need my eyes checked. You did mention Wynn. How are those braces? You need a post on that AND I need copies of these Vegas pics.
Sydney, How fun for you guys to get together! You all look great too. It would be so nice to have a little time away from reality. I wanted to thank you for checking on me after I had Evan. Time has gone by so fast and I am a total mess with 3 kids. I am still trying to get Evan's birth annoucements put together and sent out. So pathetic. I don't know if you have our blog, so here it is if you don't: http://www.hendersons-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/
Miss you guys!
That looks like so much fun! Yeah for all of you. Girl time is the best. We were in Vegas too...funny if we'd have seen you!
Post a Comment