
A few months ago, my friend Beth asked if I wanted to run in the Turkey Trot relay. She asked me around the same time several friends had just completed marathons so I was motivated and eager to run so I said "sure" ......that was months ago.
The Turkey Trot Relay consisted of 4 people each running 2 miles. 2 miles! That's it, 2 easy miles. Um, yeah. I nearly died. I hadn't trained AT ALL and I honestly figured that it would be easy and I assume it would be an easy task for someone who hates to run as much as I do. Well, we all know what happens when we Assume.
It was raining. It was cold. There was goose poop everywhere. (It was all over my calfs and back and I even had some on the front of my shirt from another runner who flipped it on me while they were running) It actually wasn't THAT bad. It was fun. I ran it 2 minutes faster than I thought I would (the winners were based on your estimated times not the first team to finish)and although we didn't win a turkey or any of the raffle items (cranberries, pies or egg nog) I'd do it again and next time I'll train just a bit...
6 comments:
Way to go Sydney...Cute picture!Running with Turkeys?
Syd! Good for you! I am very impressed with your sticktoituvness. Did you run the entire 2 miles? There's no way I could have done it.
Your beanie is very cute, and your braces are are barely noticeable. The way you were talking I totally expected Ugly Betty.
Good Job Sydney! I hate running too. Yuck!
Syd your killin me good job girl!
That is great. I try running and get by two houses and I'm done. Two miles with no training that is impressive
Good job, Syd. You are awesome! I didn't even notice the braces at first. I hope your mouth feels better and you are able to eat more. Love ya!
Post a Comment