Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Being Grateful.....for little hands
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not always grateful for the little hands that live in this home.

These little hands leave marks on the TV, computer screen, screen glassed door and washing machine.

These little hands throw food from their high chair and touch light switches with dirty fingers.

These little hands HELP me type on the computer and are used to propel a small body to follow me wherever I go.

These little hands carry toys from one room to the next and never back again.

These little hands roll the window up and down in the car...up and down, up and down.

These little hands INSIST on being independent and don't need any help getting dressed, buckling in the carseat or zipping up a jacket.

However, when I saw this little picture that Gibson made for me at preschool my heart melted. I got a bit lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. For it made me realize that these little hands (whether they are his or his little brothers) are not always going to be little.

So this Thanksgiving I am grateful for little hands. These little hands are my joy and I love them more each and every day.

I am also grateful for the other hands that live in this house. Jared's hands happen to be our lively hood. I am grateful for his skills and work ethic and that he goes to work everyday to "get bugs off teeth" and allow me the chance to stay home with the other sets of hands.

Gibson made a "I am thankful book" at school and listed the following three things. Toys, Shoes and Teeth. It seems as though he's grateful for his dad too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet post Syd.
I'm grateful for little hands too. Mostly. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

oh just love this post. thanks for reminding me Syd to just be grateful for 8 little hands in this house. I do cherish them and know they wont be little too much longer. Have a good one.

Jessica said...

The is to sweet, I could not agree more, little hands will make you crazy but we sometimes have to slow down and appriciate the little hands.

Becca said...

That's super cute Sydney! Sometimes it's hard to remember how much we love those little hands, huh? Thanks for the reminder.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need reminding often.

The Wright's said...

Thanks for the sweet reminder. I get teary eye thinking how fast time flies by. It's important to take time to appreciate life.