Monday, November 26, 2007

My Packing Secret.....

During the month of November we have spent more time away from our home than we have at home. This has meant living out of suitcases which I really hate.

So to make things easier (this really helped on those days I was away from the boys,) I packed all of their clothes in gallon size zip locked bags.

Each day I packed a complete outfit along with socks and underwear and "vacuumed packed" them. I labeled them G or E and on some of them included "LS" (long-sleeved) or church.

I included an extra zip locked bag with extra underwear and socks- just in case.

So each morning, all that had to be done was grab a zip lock bag! Their clothes stayed organized and I was able to keep track of worn clothes.

Simple but saved us a lot of time!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Fantastic!! Send this in to those Parent Magazines - it will get published!! :)

Jami Steele Davis said...

that is such a good idea. I want to go on a trip now, just so I can pack like that!!!

Becca said...

Well, well Miss Smartie Pants! I never would have thought of that. What a great plan.

Zipporah said...

Great idea! Every time we go on vacation, the suitcase is such a mess after a couple of days. This definitely would help. : )

The Wolfley Family said...

LOVE the tip!

Lynnette said...

You are so creative and organized...and I love that you used that label maker yet again! It's just like my vacuum packer--"no more cash in the trash!" Love the tip!