What I did today....
*Baked 24 potatoes for a Med Group Fundraiser
*Delivered 2 dozen cookies (I baked yesterday)and baked potatoes to fundraiser
*Put 30 miles on my car driving to and from base, to and from preschool and to and from relief society activity
*Loaded, emptied and loaded the dishwasher
*Paid a plumber a lot of $ to fix something I could have fixed but didn't know I could have fixed it until after I wrote the plumber a check
*Cheered as Gibson went #2 in the potty!!!! Yeah, no rinsing out underwear in the toilet for mom!
*Put away 5 pairs of shoes
*Vacuumed twice and should have vacuumed a third time
*Changed 6 diapers, 4 of them poopy
*Made 6 bottles, first one beginning at 5:30a.m.
*Read 150 pages of a book for book club
*Ate too much chocolate, didn't drink enough water and didn't exercise
*Picked up toys 3 times (remember I vacuumed or else I would have left them out)
*Went to RS Enrichment (ate more chocolate)
*Folded laundry
*Emailed and blogged a bit
*Found my kitchen table (yes, I am my mothers daughter)
*Talked to my sister, dad, MIL and my moms voice mail.
*Made three complete meals, and several snacks in between for two hungry boys
It seems like a did a lot today but WHY is my house a mess and I feel like I didn' t get anything accomplished?
8 comments:
whoa!! i would have moved "3 complete meals" to the top of the list and stopped there.... very impressive!!! it's amazing how a whole lotta little things add up isn't it. good thing you have some serious tv viewing to escape into for a few hours 'til reality seeps back in and you have to do it all again. ;)
I totally know what you mean! I never feel DONE! I really start to question why I would want my whole house clean at one time, because then it would just make me sad to see it get messy again.
WOW! how many hours do you have in a day?
Why indeed Syd, WHY INDEED!
I hear ya LOUD AND CLEAR! I was just talking about this very thing this morning in my MOPS group. Before I had kids I was queen of the anal-retentives. My house was always clean, the laundry was always done, and dinner was always ready on time (prepared from the monthly meal calendar). How do two very small people complicate things in such a HUGE way? And riddle me this... how do those same very small people create SO MUCH more laundry?
As one girl from the group put it... I am no longer in control, now I simply manage.
I'm glad you had the chocolate to help you along the course of your very busy day. :D
You are awesome!
SUPER MOM of the year!
Oh heavens- I'm sure if everyone wrote down what they did in a day there would be a million things more you each did, the reason for the post is that my house is a disaster!! I can't keep up and I can't figure out why. I only have 2 kids!! Not twins, not 3 or 4 and between being gone at preschool and nap times, you'd think I'd be able to get SOMETHING done!!
Syd you rock I need to do this too sometime.
Post a Comment