Thursday, October 11, 2007

The GOOD news and the BAD news......

So I was looking for something to wear today as I was heading out to have LUNCH with some friends- so fun....I'm in the process of transferring clothes so my closet is a mess. I was digging to find some jeans and "Oh, I was wondering where these jeans were" I said to myself as I pulled a pair out of the back. "I wonder if I can fit into them"-- SO the GOOD news is.... THEY FIT!! Oh, insert happy dance.....

The BAD news is.... THEY ARE TOTAL MOM JEANS.... you know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that Stacie and Clinton from TLC's WHAT NOT TO WEAR tell you not to wear. They hit me above my belly button, are tight in the butt (not in a good way) and well, yes, they are slightly tapered plus they are a light denim wash. I swear they were in style when I purchased them.

My goodness, how long has it been since I've worn these jeans?? I remember when I bought them because I paid a pretty penny for them and we were in dental school so money was tight but I wanted ONE good pair of jeans and now, what do I do??? Do I wear them since I live in a small town and no one is going to notice since many of the town folks buy their clothes at our local Wal-mart or do I discard them taking my wearable pants down one (when in actuality I was excited because I had just increased my pant selection)??

I mean, I am a MOM so technically I can wear them and get away with it, right?

9 comments:

leslie said...

so i'm thinking this post is missing something very important..... a picture of you IN your mom pants!!!!

Renee said...

Are you kidding me? Wear them and be proud, even with the tapered ankles! After having these twins I'll never fit into jeans again---I think I'll just get more muumuus....

Michelle Baird Designs said...

How funny are you? Way to go that you fit in them, but I am actually trying to remember when tapered and light denim wash was in, even when you were in Dental school??!! I thought that was back in the 80's! Actually tapered, or now called skinny pants, are back in!! So, go ahead and wear your pants and think of them as cool H & M pants instead of mom WalMart pants.

More Caffiene, Please said...

Keep them, add a longer jacket to cover the high waist and some Uggs or boots OVER the tapered legs. Wha-La!

Rachel said...

Uh, throw them out immediately. I'm happy that they fit and all, but DO NOT under ANY circumstances wear them. Mountain Home or 5th Ave., it doesn't matter. DO NOT WEAR THE MOM JEANS. I just can't stand the thought of you in them. Jami's suggestion is enticing, but I tried some Uggs on and felt like a total poser. Mary Ann wears them (so does "the other" SIL, but that's a different story) so I KNOW I'm too old for them

Seriously though, how bad could they be if you bought them while in Dental school? It wasn't THAT long ago. At least show us a photo of the jeans if you won't post one of you in them.

THE CONDIE CLAN said...

You will not see a picture of me in them- sorry. Maybe I just feel like they are "mom jeans" because they are above my belly button while all the others I own hit me below my belly button. They aren't completely tapered but they aren't boot cut or flare either. So to me, I consider them "mom jeans"

Jamie, love your suggestion but I think you could pull it off, I'd look like a total dork. You really need to come dress me and decorate my house. I'm clueless. Plus, by the time I buy Uggs and a new long jacket, I could just buy a nice pair of designer jeans. Plus, I'm so confused about Uggs- do you tuck your pants in, do you roll your pants up, do you wear your pants over, do you wear socks?? So confusing so I stay away.

So I know dental school wasn't that long ago but styles have changed and maybe I didn't spend as much as I thought I did or buy them from that trendy of a store- I just think I did because money was tight and anything over $12.99 was a splurge:)

Maybe I'll use them to make a quilt and then I'll always have a story to tell!

tiffy girl said...

Isn't it fun how fashion changes so quickly? Especially when you have 9 months of pregnancy, then the fight to "get back" into what you wore before the blessed event. By then trends have changed and your whole wardrobe is out of date.

The Wolfley Family said...

Yeah. I'm just doing the whole "yay I can finally fit into that ugly outfit after the baby" thing and it is just not fair! Whoever changes the styles that often should give all of us mommys some cash! I, too,feel a bit ripped-off for the absent picture though . . .

Amanda said...

Great Post Syd. I am with Rachel THROW THE JEANS OUT!!! Just becasue we are moms does not mean we can't be HOT!!! There is nothing like a great pair of good jeans. The next time you come to Utah lets have Jaime take us shopping.