Wednesday, October 24, 2007

You Go Time Out!

I got put into time out yesterday (twice) by my 3 year old son. It went something like this.

Gibson: "Mommy, come play with me"

Mommy: "Just a second, I'm dusting"

Gibson: "MAAMMy, come play with me"

Mommy: "Just a minute bud, I need to finish this"

Gibson: "I gonna count to 3 and then you get spanking and go to time out- is that what you want?"

Mommy: "what?"

Gibson: "1 2 3" {walks over, taps me on the back and then points to time out chair}

Mommy: dumbfounded and trying not to laugh goes to time out chair

Gibson: Walks over to microwave and pretends to fiddle with setting clock

Mommy: Thinks to herself "if he really makes me sit here for 1 minute for every year that I am, I could actually take a power nap and still have time to chip the paint off my toes"

Gibson: Walks over to Jared {who is keeping his back to me trying to keep in the snorts he's laughing so hard} and proceeds to tell him "don't talk mommy, she in time out"

It happened again today when I wouldn't join him at the fountain at the Mall. The sad thing is, he's saying it 100% correct. That's exactly what we tell him when he's getting in trouble and now, it's coming back to bite us.

At least we know he's paying attention!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun to see your blog! I can't believe that Gibson is so old. That story is hilarious!!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

At least you know he's paying attention when you discipline him! That's too funny. I'm glad my kids haven't thought of turning it on me. We use the exact same technique. Thanks for a good laugh.

Zipporah said...

That is so funny! I love to hear the things we say our of our childrens' mouths. Conner says this to Haley a lot, "Come here right now!"

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Too funny! You learn exactly what you sound like when your kids start repeating how and what you say.

Rachel said...

I love it!

Sometimes I'm a little freaked out by the intonation Lily uses when "scolding" me. If I really sound like that I'm a very mean mommy!

Good for you for playing along and taking your punishment. The kids need to win a few every now and then.

Karen said...

ok, did you read 1-2-3 magic? sounds SO familiar... it's what i say every day!!!
i think our kids do a good job of keeping us in check--they are a mirror of what we are and do. good for you for not getting mad at him :o) i probably would have been like, "WHAT did you say? That's it, timeout bud." Just because it hurt my pride :o)
you're a great mom!!!

Laurie said...

Laughing out loud here! And totally imagining Jared sitting there laughing and snorting besides!

tiffy girl said...

That is a funny and cute story! I love how he was trying to set the timer on the microwave. Because that is our time out timer too! Noah once put me in time out also, but he was giggling through dragging me to the chair--so I knew that he was only half serious. Gotta love our kids!

Nancy/Bob said...

I am so proud of my Gibson. I wish I would have written down some of the things you children repeated to us when you were young. Gibson will keep you in your place and Easton will be right behind him helping.

wurstens5 said...

very funny

The Larsons said...

That is so cute! Congrats to your brother too! Crazy story!

The Wolfley Family said...

I've had moments like this, too, so cute! It's good to be reminded not to take life too seriously sometimes, eh?

leslie said...

love this!!! so great that you took him seriously.... but not TOO seriously if ya know what i mean ;)

Jessica said...

I love reading your blog, it always makes me laugh.