Thursday, October 4, 2007

Talent and Inspiration...

I firmly believe that to be a better person you should surround yourself with amazing and talented people. I have been lucky in my 29 years to have met amazing people along my journey of life. Some of these people have been in my life for a time, some a season and others a lifetime.

For example, there's my friend Amanda who was a surrogate with TWINS for her sister-in-law. There's Shelley who's eye for photography and willingness to teach is both inspirational and motivating. There's my friend Zipporah who's husband just returned from serving in Iraq. Of course I could go on and on with everyone who reads this blog. I am grateful for your friendships no matter if we talk on a daily basis or once a year. I am encouraged and taught by your actions, talents and spirit. Thanks for being YOU, thanks for being MY friend!

Another one of these amazing people I have met is the oh, so talented Becky Higgins. I met Becky when we both lived in Cleveland and have been lucky enough to keep in contact with her now that we've both moved and live in different states.

Becky has recently completed a new book and when she asked for pictures from many of her friends and family so that she could complete a layout for her new book, I of course submitted some.


I was so thrilled when she emailed me a copy of the layout she did for me, featuring my little angel Gibson! I am not a scrapbooker but it's one of those small things I wish I did. I wish I had the patience, creativity and eye for scrapbooking. I don't and until I find something that works for me, this is the only layout my son will have.



So thank you again Becky for including this layout in your new book. I just love it!

8 comments:

Becky said...

You're such a sweetheart. Glad you like the layout and I just KNOW this won't be the only one floating around your house one day. Seriously - I know it. ; )

leslie said...

lucky duck!!! i have a bunch of scrapbook mags with becky's stuff in them.... she rocks!!!

Amanda said...

So cute. I need one of those (3) actually. Thanks for putting me in your Blog. Not necessary but thanks.

Kati said...

Shhhhhhh....don't tell Becky that I don't like to scrapbook. But....I do like stalking her blog from yours.....

The Larsons said...

I totally agree! So many inspiring people all around me...I wonder how I am so privilaged to have such great friends, and great examples. I love the layout! I just ordered the book. Can't wait to see other friends in it! :)

Zipporah said...

I'm definitely not very amazing or talented. I can stand on my head though (new talent I have aquired). Cute layout that Becky did. I got your message and will call you tomorrow. Love ya, Syd.

The Atwood's said...

I just got mine a few days ago and really love the book. That layout of yours is beautiful. I would love Becky to scrapbook ALL my pictures wouldn't you?

Shelley said...

Thanks for the compliment, I guess I just enjoy sharing something I love.

P.S. I don't scrapbook either.