Monday, October 29, 2007

Question???

So Jamie made this post in relation to my post on mom jeans. After thinking for a while, I discovered I do have 2 splurges...hair care and face care.

That being said. I am almost out of my face wash and as I sit and stare at myself in the mirror, I wonder..."do I look my age," " do I look older than my age," " what am I going to look like in 10 years"-- Has the skin care system I've been dedicated to for years been working? Is there something better than I've been using and I just doni't know about it?

I mean you've all met people whom you just assume are older than you and you are flabergasted when you find out they are your age or even younger!!

I don't want to be one of those people..I want young looking skin FOREVER and I'm willing to shell out a pretty penny for face wash, moisturizer, serum or anything else that might make that happen.

So, my question to you is what skin care system do you use and LOVE? I need to know....I need to re-evaluate my skin care system before the "big" birthday comes up next year. I don't want to look my age, I want to look younger!!

Talk to me....what are your secrets and favorite skin care products?

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I have been wondering this same thing and considered posting something similar on my blog! Great minds, ya know?
I break out BIG time while preggers and nursing. My hormones are totally out of whack (not to mention I CONSTANTLY have little hands grabbing at my face) so my immediate concern has been eliminating the zits (been using Proactive...not loving it, but it's ok). Things seem to be calming down (for now) so I've been looking into anti-aging skin care regimens too. In terms of age-prevention the "experts" all agree that the best product FOR THE $ is Olay Regenerist (Enhancing Lotion, Perfecting Cream and Daily Regenerating Serum). If you'd rather shell out the $ go with Lancome Rénergie. Your talking about a $60 price jump though, and Olay still ranks slightly better in terms of effectiveness.

Let me know if you find anything different! I'd love info on a great cleanser and toner too. BTW: What hair products are you using these days?

Zipporah said...

I've also heard good things about Olay Regenerist, but I tried it for about two weeks and it broke me out. I'll stick with Wexler and Aveda for now.

tiffy girl said...

My mom is one who has always looked younger. So when I turned 30 last year (it freaked me out too-crows feet are starting) I asked her what her secret is. Well, she said USE SUNSCREEN! That will eliminate most of any future damage by the sun. She has also used many $ products. We would always go get the Clinique free gift, or Lancome free gift. Lately she has been using a product you can only find a Nordstrom. I think it has an RX on it or something. Me, well I am cheap! I swear my skin is only really clear when I am pregnant and nursing! So I have also used Proactiv but I also like Neutrogena oil free acne wash. They also have a nice toner that I like. Not too expensive. But my favorite moisturizer is Clinique "dramatically different moisturizing lotion" they also have a great serum for around the eyes.
So lets talk hair. I have very fine hair and after pregnancy it falls out like crazy. I also like something that can help in the volume dept. I am lucky because both of my sisters do hair. My favorite shampoo is a brand called "Pureology" I use the purevolume shampoo and conditioner. I also am in love with the purevolume blowdry amplifier. This brand is a bit expensive, but that is were my sisters come in:) It also keeps your color way longer than any other shampoo I have used. Well, there you go--my two cents!!

leslie said...

great post, syd!! love the cyber peek into everyone's beauty regimen..... been meaning to try out some anti-aging creams and whatnot myself, but am scared that i will break out (very acne prone skin). i'm a cetaphil girl when it comes to face wash and use a neutrogena w. saliylic acid for a lotion. i think what works is so different for everyone but i know what you mean as far as wanting to stay on top of it rather than wish you had down the road.....

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

my neighbor hosted a party for arbonne...ever heard of it? well, i loved it and hosted a show after that. i really think their products are fabulous, but pricey. you can google it to see their website. their anti-aging line is the bomb. by the way, i feel like i look way older than i am. can't believe i'm 31!

Sydney said...

Rach: I hear you about little hands. I feel I'm always telling Gibson not to touch my face. As far as hair care, right now I'm using Bed Head and Aquage with a variety of styling products.

Zipporah: I bought the Oil of Olay Regenerist after we last talked and have been breaking out! I didn't put the two together until you just mentioned that...hmmm.

Tiff: Thanks for all the advice on face care, I'm going to check a few of those out. As far as Pureology, I've heard of them but haven't tried it yet. That's definately when it comes in handy to have a sister with a cosmo license!

Leslie: You have beautiful skin, thanks for sharing your secret!

Melissa: I don't think you look over 31. Seeing you in that boyscout outfit, I'd swear you weren't older than 22!

The Atwood's said...

I don't know you Tif but you are right on with Pureology! I've been using it for 5 years now. I always try to use something cheaper in between bottles but am so HAPPY when I get new Pureology again. I use the color care line and think it is worth every penny. Yes, you spend alot but it lasts 20 times longer because you don't have to use so much. I baught the big bottles with the dispensers off ebay.

Facial care- I learned that if you are getting white heads (gross, I know) your skin is too dry and if they are just red bumps- too oily. That has helped me know how to proceed. I use Cetaphil from Costco. Big bottle goes a LONG way. You can just wipe it off or wash it. Either way it is very gentle and I have sensitive skin. Sunblock- for sure. Also, less tampering and pulling at your face= less lines. I too am already looking at my face thinking, "how bad is it going to get if it looks this bad already?" I think the only thing that is FOR SURE is that if you protect from the sun, you'll be grateful later.