Monday, October 22, 2007

Irish Twins!!

My brother Jason and his wife Jennifer welcomed their son, whom they named Cooper, into the world today!!

For those of you who may not know their story, let me give you a readers digest version.

Jason and Jen have been married for almost 11 years. They tried to have a baby for about 9 years. They had several failed attempts with IVF and decided to adopt. Last year on October 23, their daughter Addison Maline was born. They received the call late one night and early the next morning they were off to pick her up. They stopped at the store long enough to buy a book of names and a carseat! Addie has been the light of their lives. She has brightened their world and has quickly become the princess in our family.

Who would guess that when Addie was 3 months old, Jen got pregnant!! After 9 years of not being able to...BAM, newborn and morning sickness!

Cooper was born today, Oct. 22. Addie turns 1 tomorrow, Oct. 23. We officially have a set of Irish Twins in our family and we couldn't be happier! (I think it's very fitting that my brother have Irish Twins since he lived in Ireland for 2 years:)

Congrats Jason and Jen! I can't wait to see this little guy. Keep him little until I can get there!

6 comments:

Kati said...

That is so exciting! I have people on both sides of my family that have had difficulty having kids...I love it when the outcome is getting more than they planned! So so happy for them!

Zipporah said...

Oh, that is so fun to hear. I'm so happy for them. I have a friend who is in that same situation (adopted a little girl in May) and I just keep hoping for her to have an outcome like your brother and sis-in-law. That's awesome.

Amanda said...

I am so happy for them. That story gave me warm fuzzies

Rachel said...

YAY! Welcome new baby Cooper! Can't wait to see photos.

More Caffiene, Please said...

He's so cute - what a GREAT story!

Rachel said...

Um yeah, so I didn't realize you had the link to Jason's blog.
HOLY COW! That is such a gorgeous baby! You're right, he is all lips. Good for kissing on. :) I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I LOVE that newborn phase. (I'm relieved I never had to do it with a 12 month old though).