
I made these twice last week for two different functions. I had forgotten how good they are!
Cookie
Cookie
1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
3/4 cup shortening
2 eggs
Mix well and roll into balls and bake for 8 minutes at 350. Let cool completely before trying to add frosting or else the frosting will just melt out!
Frosting
Frosting
1 8oz cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
3-3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Food coloring (optional of course)Mix cream cheese and butter together. Add in powdered sugar until you get desired consistency.
Match up 2 cookies that are the same size. Add some frosting in the middle. This batch I rolled cookies in sprinkles for a little extra flare.
Makes about 15 cookies
I always double the recipe since they seem to go so fast! Enjoy!
10 comments:
they look so great with the orange frosting for Halloween! I am most definitely going to make these very very soon!
Those look so good. I will have to try them. Oh by the way, I love the mom jeans, and i just have to have that vest.
Yummy! I'm sure the kids would enjoy helping with these. Thanks for the idea and recipe.
I make these all the time, I love them! But I just uses Vanilla frosting from the can... ;)
The H-ween take on them is a great idea!
Those look AWESOME. You are quite the baker. Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to make them this weekend.
These happen to be a family favorite, but I've never made them so cute. Thanks for making a double batch!
Yummm! Will you send me a few? Those are cute too!
my family loves these, but I've never been so clever as to color the icing on the inside. Very cute. I also usually end up buying the premade cream cheese icing next to the cake mixes. Makes these so fast. (or just makes me lazy).
How's the book coming?
Hope you're enjoying fall!
I'll have to try the recipe. Yummy!
Syd--
Oh those look so good. Even though I'm on a diet, I think I need to make some cookies for Halloween : )!!
I am still making your homemade pizzas on a weekly basis!
Thanks for all the good ideas and helping me to be a better wife and mother.
Love ya
Post a Comment