Sunday, October 7, 2007

FaLL fUN

We love fall at our house. There's something about the smell when you first turn on the furnace, the warmth of socks on your feet and the crispness in the air as the journey to the car becomes a little quicker.

We love to kick off fall by going to visit a pumpkin patch, drinking hot cocoa and sampling autumn goodies.

We found a fabulous pumpkin patch/corn maze and had a wonderful time. The weather was a bit chilly but I quickly found the hot cocoa and kettle corn and Gibson and Jared got busy bouncing so we all warmed up.

The pumpkin patch had a kid area with all sorts of fun things to do. There were slides made from large plastic pipes, a watering hole where you could race ducks up and down some PVC pipe, a corn box (just like a sand box but made from large corn kernals), a mini track where you could drive tricycles around, a cow train and then there was the jumping pillow!


Gibson LOVED the jumping pillow and it was actually quite fascinating. It was this HUGE parachute like thing in the ground that inflated and you could jump on it. Gibson and Jared had so much fun. We tried to get Gibson to the other activities in the kid area but he wouldn't leave the jumping pillow!

Well it didn't take me long to go for the food. Yummy! Kettle Corn is the best and Easton enjoyed some fruit puffs while I ate the kettle corn and we watched the pig races.


Easton didn't seem to mind the cold. Both of my boys love to be outside and once Easton figured out that the hat wasn't coming off he enjoyed it! He ate hay and watched all the excitement going on around him.
We didn't bring this pumpkin home. Instead we brought home two very small pumpkins for each of the boys. Gibson enjoyed sitting on them and posing for pictures.
Near the end I had to let Easton out of the stroller since it was taking Gibson a while to decide to let go of the jumping pillow. Easton crawled right up to the goats and watched in amazement. What else is a little kid to do other than try and lick a dirty, nasty, goat gate?? Yuck! He quickly went back into the stroller once he started pulling that trick!
Happy Fall Everyone!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like Mountain Home offers more family fun than you let on.
That really looks like such a fun day. Alex would've had a hard time dragging ME off that jumping pillow! I think I want a trampoline worse than Lily does.

Fun, Fun! and SUCH cute boys!!!

Shelley said...

I love fall too and I wish we would get some fall weather!

Karen said...

i'm so jealous of the crisp fall weather! i wish i could pull out our warm hats :o) it was almost 90 here today. yuck!!!! go ahead and enjoy it for me...

The Wolfley Family said...

Sounds (and looks) like the perfect fall day!

Kati said...

We went to something very similar tonight. I couldn't get my boys ((husband included)) off that pillow tramp. They LOVED it! The pictures of your boys are just too cute. Your baby is a "Condie Baby"! I love it!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Fun pictures. Easton looks so cute in that hat.