Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Tradition

I remember vividly doing the same thing. Coming home from my Valentine's Party at school and scattering my Valentines out across the table and checking them out, one by one.

Gibson couldn't wait to dump out his bag and see what each of his school friends gave him. He was super excited that Haydon gave him a Power Rangers Valentine because for his next birthday, he's going to have a Power Rangers Party.

He told me he was "okay" receiving a Barbie, Princess and the Frog and Dora Valentine because just because he got them doesn't mean he has to like "those girl things."

Seeing Gibson light up and understand holidays is the best. It's also a sign that my baby boy is growing up. Although, I did figure out he's growing up when it took us 4 pair of pants to find one that wasn't floods on him.

We've got two more days of Valentine celebrations and we're going to enjoy each {sugar cookie slathered in frosting with oodles of sprinkles} moment!

4 comments:

Kati said...

He looks so big in this picture! You know what? Not one of my kids even cared to come home and look at their valentines! Not one of them! I finally went through and picked out the good candy for myself today. Not letting that stuff go to waste!

Cassie said...

Sydney,
I haven't visited blogs for a long time. It's so fun to see. Happy Valentine's Day. Looks like it was a good one for Gibson. Love all the posts. You have a gift.

The Wolfley Family said...

Happy Valentine's Day. We all miss you out here!

Zipporah said...

So cute! I loved doing that too when I got home from our valentines party. Our kids are off track, so they have missed out. I feel the same way about the kids growing too fast. I think Conner has one pair of pants that fits him right. Sad -and expensive! How is your marathon training coming? : ) -or were you hoping I forgot?