Thursday, July 2, 2009

LAST WEEK


Creed turned 3 months old:
He is the happiest, easiest and cutest baby ever!
He
~sleeps 8-10 hours a night
~put himself on a schedule. He eats, plays and then sleeps
~loves his brothers and constantly looks around for them
~found his tongue
~is trying very hard to roll over
~kicks, kicks, kicks
~is starting to grab and hold onto things
~belly laughs when tickled on his chest
~only will take a binkie when he's tired
~has a blankie and loves it around his ears and under his chin
~hates his carseat
~Smiles all the time
~Is loved beyond measure


Gibson had swimming lessons

Gibson finished his second week of swimming lessons. He's becoming quite the little fish and can hold his breath underwater for 21 seconds and is getting better and better at his technique. When I asked him if he had to choose between swimming or gymnastics he said that he would choose swimming.

Easton learned how to drive:

Jared's parents have a little John Deere tractor that the kids zip around the yard in. Easton has always been content to be the passenger until last week when he figured he could drive it. Scary thing is, he's pretty good! He knows how to shift the gears and he can weave in between the cars and the trees. 

Since he's mastered the tractor, he thinks that he knows how to drive the lawn mower and the car! When I open the car door for him to get into his carseat he races to the drivers seat, pulls the seatbelt over himself, grabs a key I have for our post office box and says "mom, you ready?" I've had to pull out some pretty big bribes to get him into the back into his carseat.  It's cute and all, but I think I need another 14 years before I'm ready for him to be behind the drivers seat.


Slip-n-Slide Day

We had a water day where we set up a large slip-n-slide, lathered the kids in sunscreen and set them loose.  The kids had a great day and the moms were still in tact when the day was over! We had 20 kids under the age of 9 {16 were under the age of 5}.  It was a crazy, busy afternoon but thankfully grandma Condie has a large backyard so we weren't toppling over each other. 

Summer is in full swing around here. We're enjoying staying up late and sleeping in. The boys have consumed more popsicles than we should admit. They are getting quite the little tans and we're contemplating doing the summer buzz cuts.

Library once a week, parks almost every day, cousins, cousins and more cousins. Ball games, movies and dirty bath water. 

Welcome Summer!


8 comments:

Aly G said...

Can't believe your little guy is 3 months old! That went too fast. He is so cute. Looks like you are staying busy this summer, we do need to get together soon, I'll be in touch! Love ya!

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

What fun! Your boys are adorable. I can't believe how big Creed is.

We missed you for the BBQ. Hope you had a wonderful birthday dinner. Hopefully we will see you at the Halloween party.

Unknown said...

I love that picture of Creed! He's so cute! And whoa Easton's hair is blond! Was it that blond a couple of weeks ago??

When are you coming up to play with me?

Zipporah said...

Your boys are so handsome and I love the picture of Creed. -So sweet. Sounds like you are keeping busy and having fun. Sure miss you!

shannan maio said...

Those are cute pictures. They are getting so big!

katie said...

Your baby is darling. ARe you coming to Becky's this fall? I hope to see ya!

the Wirigs said...

creed is soooo cute!! How are you guys?? Did you get new cell phone numbers? Spencer tried to call...

Rachel said...

Love those sweet little faces! Sure wish we could be having some of that summer fun along with you guys.

And seriously. I can't believe you have a 3 month old sleeping 8-10 hour stretches! Nether of my kids would do that 'til they were 100% weaned. Lucky girls!