Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It just so happened......

that I needed light bulbs...only light bulbs. I was on the way to the bank and swung by K-Mart to get light bulbs, just light bulbs.

Within seconds of walking into the store, Gibson exclaimed {very loudly I might add} "this is the Buzz Lightyear store, are we getting a new Buzz Lightyear. Remember mom, you promised you'd buy us new Buzz Lightyears."


{gulp} He was right. I did promise. 2 months ago. 

2 Buzz Lightyears later and 2 happy, excited, and well behaved boys later. We left to begin the adventure of flying into outer space, fighting the evil emperor Zurg and playing with Woody.

It also meant that Creed got his Buzz back which he hasn't seen since the day it was presented to him in the hospital. Gibson was "taking care of it" for him.

Gibson asked to take a picture of the newest members of the Gamma Quadrant. He thought the dinosaur blanket as a backdrop would be fitting for them since they fight dangerous things.

Side note to all who have a K-Mart. If you buy, say a Buzz Lightyear from K-Mart you can spend $2.99 and get a protection plan. So when the arm falls off, or leg or it just stops working because it's been dropped from the staircase too many times, you simply call a number, mail Buzz back and you get a refund for 100% of what you paid.  The first time I did this, I was so excited to tell Jared of basically my "free" toy I got and Jared's reply was "SUCKERS, they have no idea" HA!

Buzz is back folks and my boys couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

Aly G said...

Love that protection plan! Now I need to remember to buy toys there for sure! Love that your kids love the Buzz so much!