Sunday, November 16, 2008

See What Happens?

My brother Jason has two daughters {ages 2 and 1, also the only two granddaughters} Princess Addie is Easton's age and is quite the little lady. She's not a big fan of slides, dirt, bouncing in bouncy castles or being dirty......that is, until she starts hanging out with my kids!

A few weeks ago when we went to Moab to visit Jason and his family, we were outside waiting to leave for church. Easton must have given Addie the "come over here, it's fun" look because she was soon helping him stuff rocks into uncle Jason's dirty tailpipe of his truck. Black hands and dirty white tights later.....

Well today was no different. The kids enjoyed playing outside after Sunday dinner, Addie becoming rough and tough with the boys and Cooper {Jason's other 1 year old} was gazing longingly from his mother's arms wishing he was a little bigger and a little more steady on his feet to join in.

As we watched and awed over Addie and her willingness to get dirty, Cooper crawled out the front door and proved that he too could get dirty just like the rest of them. Seems like Cooper's taste for dirt is a strong one and yes, he did prove to us that he can hang with the rest of them and he'll be teaching Addie to get dirty if Easton is unsuccessful. 

As Jason's kids were loaded into their car seats, a good look was able to be taken of the pink tights of Addie.....they were filthy! Jen exhaled and proclaimed "see what happens when she plays with boys. Your kids are teaching her how to get dirty!"

Sadly, dirt is all I know and from the looks of Cooper, I don't think Addie needs my kids to teach her how to get dirty, I think her brother is going to do a fine job in that department!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That little Cooper is too pretty to be a boy! Look at those lashes and those curls. What a cute kid!

Great story too. Of course, now I know we can't let our kids play together. ;)

shannan maio said...

that is the most beautiful kid I have ever seen.....

Zipporah said...

Boys are fun and your boys are so cute. How nice that they act like boys, because that's the way it is supposed to be.

Ben and Krystal said...

Wow, the reflection off the perfect skin - the blue eyes, and even the hair...I think I've seen dolls modeled after this child!

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.