Halloween 2008
We had a great Halloween this year. Since Gibson got to wear his costume to preschool, he practically wore it all day and couldn't have been happier! Thanks to Aunt Emilee for the "dinosaur" costume {yes, I do believe it may be an Alligator but to Gibson, it was a dinosaur and there was no telling him otherwise!}

Aunt Emilee saved the day with Easton as well as she happened to have a cow costume just his size. Easton didn't totally understand the concept of trick or treating and since the first candy he received was a sucker, he was practically done. He trailed behind Gibson happily eating his sucker and was thrilled just to be outside.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. I've never enjoyed dressing up as something I'm not and while I try not to express my un-love for this holiday to my children, I have to admit that having children has helped me enjoy it more.
There's something that can be said when I see their eyes light up when we pass yet another inflatable pumpkin or ghost or when I hear Gibson trying to explain dressing up to Easton. Making goodies, carving pumpkins and trick or treating is just more enjoyable when seen through the eyes of our two young sons.


We ventured off to trick or treat as a family and about 34 minutes later we were done! We went to one street, hit around 7 houses and called it a night. We were home by 7:30, the boys were in bed by 8 and our Halloween night was officially done by 8:01!
Now, that's what I call a great Halloween!
11 comments:
I'm with you on Halloween... Just get it overwith, right? Then move on to Thanksgiving :o) I will never forget the one in Vienna!!!
FANTASTIC pictures! I love them all! They both looked so cute the other night. It was so good to see you guys! I don't LOVE Halloween either, but it is fun to watch the kids.
I love the pictures.... How are you guys?
Halloween rocks! The boys looked dressed up!
Sorry the comment is suppose to say: The boys looked really good dressed up.
It seems most things in life are better when we see them through the eyes of our children. Your boys looked "spooktakular!"
Sydney,
It's so good to hear from you and see how your family is doing! Your boys are adorable. Anne Creager
Hey MARTHA, the treats were awesome! How is the Dark hair? Are you likin it? The kids look sooo cute, and cozy!
Cute little boys and maybe a girl on the way!
wow - it's been awhile since I have checked your blog!
Cute photos of Halloween! I can't believe you are back and I still haven't seen you. Sad, isn't it?
How cute. See? THAT'S what a Halloween costume is supposed to be like. All plush and warm. If I put my kids in something like that they would have died from heat stroke.
Post a Comment