Is it really, January 12th?
One of my goals for 2011 was to blog more often. Why? Well, because it's my form of a journal and I want to be able to document the small things in our lives, the everyday moments that make us tick.
Obviously, I need to put more focus on it. It's January 12th and I haven't even thought about blogging. Ugh. Not that we haven't been doing anything because we've been plenty busy. See, I'll show you.
Jared has been enjoying his new iPad that I gave him for Christmas. Honestly. I didn't think he'd enjoy it or even use it. I bought him an iTouch last Christmas and I quickly got ownership of it within weeks. However, the iPad is just too cool and too convenient. He plays Pandora at work, surfs the web and keeps track of all his to-do things. I rarely see it and when I am able to use it, I get the stink eye because "it's his."
Another one of my goals for 2011 is to get organized and to learn to live with less. The first item of business for me was the toys in the basement and with a trip to Ikea, I was able to organize, purge and arrange all the little trinkets like blocks, legos, trains, cars, etc.
Second item of business was the pantry. An explosion had happened over the past year and it was driving me mad. It's not perfect but boy oh boy, is it clean{er} than it was! Makes me happy when I open it.
{yes, those are giant buckets of flour and sugar. Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!}
Creed has decided to live/sleep on the edge. Literally.
The big boy bed has brought us many nights with a little Creed sandwiched between us. We have only had a few successful "all nighters" in his own bed. We're working on it and we are trying to be consistent with the process of getting him to sleep but sheesh, it's exhausting.
{things I love about this picture: Buzz Lightyear is represented, artwork by Gibson is hung on the wall}
And last but not least. In case you're wondering what we look like, Gibson has drawn our latest family picture and using his stash of scotch tape, he hung it right by my side of the bed.
I. love. it.
I love that we are all holding hands. I love that I have cute, flippy hair, earrings and I'm holding a flower. I love that the grass is green, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. Oh, it just feels perfect.
I've started Project 365 with the goal that I will be better about documenting what happens each day. As a reader of my blog, you may just be lucky enough to see some of my daily pictures. I know, you're excited!
8 comments:
I love reading your blog...it's always fun! I want some of those can things you have in your pantry!! Those are cool!
Man girl-you are more on the ball than I am. You've inspired me to organize my pantry after I get down typing this! LOVE the artwork of your family. That is a forever framer! Luvs
you are just too on the ball this year. I know what you mean. I often find myself being pushed to the edge of my bed by a certain 2 year old. i haven't had the energy to fight it, then there is the fact that the boys are sharing a room and Ethan is a high cryer and Blayne is a light sleeper and it never ends well. I have a list of habbits that i will need to correct come october or when ever Kevin comes home.
ha! hey nancy... how is your year supply of flour and sugar? well actually in your house- thats probably a month supply... thats really funny. But can I tell you I love the family picture and that he was able to fully portray the condie ears... :) I love it. love your family.
Wow! Pantry looks nice. Do you really have 3 crock pots? Cute photo of the fam. Koleton drew one when he was little and I had it framed.
I did project 365 in 2009 and it is a LOT of work but sooooo worth it!! Word of advice: take several "stock" photos that can be used for any day in case you forget to take one-which you probably won't do! I also have several digital templates if you want them! Let me know-it was far easier than paper. I'm tempted to do this again-except I remember how many days I missed! Good luck! That book is one of our most prized possessions!
Oh I have a bucket of flour and rice just like that too! Love that you are so organized, it feels so great right!? That family pic is so so cute! I love your flippy hair and your earrings too! I think you have an artist in the family!? xoxo
I don't have three crockpots, I only have 2. One of those is a rice cooker!
Post a Comment