Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

The day before Thanksgiving always proves to be a very busy day. The kitchen seems to call my name as I prepare my assigned dishes for our Thanksgiving feast. This year was no different. I was in charge of bringing an appetizer {I made 2, I couldn't decide} and some rolls {I confess, I baked them, I didn't make them} and the veggie {couldn't do the traditional green bean casserole so I did Pioneer Woman's version and it was insanely delish, more on that later}

I was cooking, trying to keep the laundry going and trying to entertain a houseful of kiddos. The day got away from me, the dishes piled up and the laundry became forgotten.

What's a gal to do? Leave. Leave it all and go to a play and dinner with the parentals and sister Erin.

Looking back i honestly can't believe I walked out on my house in the degree that it was in. It was a disaster. Make that a Disaster with a capital D. However, the chance to see the Scarlet Pimpernel at a local theater and eat an all you can eat meat buffet called my name and I caved.

It was fabulous. I had a wonderful time.

After dinner, my sister and I tried to take a picture. It was seriously 9 degrees. Let's just add in the chill factor and the wind and make that -2 degrees. It was THAT cold. Can't you tell by our smiles?

I haven't felt cold like that since leaving Cleveland 5 years ago. Oh, it was bone chilling.

Lucky for me, Jared and the boys headed up to Thanksgiving early and my sister took pity on me and came over and helped me put my house together before I headed up to the Thanksgiving festivities.

Thankfully for me it all worked out and thankful I am, for a loving sister who helped me in my desperate hour and for parents who took us out on a date. We sure are lucky to have such wonderful people to call mom and dad!

{more Thanksgiving to come, it was stellar day where I consumed more calories than humanly possible and enjoyed the extended Condie Clan over a feast!}

2 comments:

katie said...

BURRR!!!! But dang cute picture of you and your sis-stay warm!

Anonymous said...

hey... Thats me!! I feel so famous! I made the Condie Clan blog! wow. This is a big deal. Thanks for the fun time syd (and parents :) But it really was so much fun- Your a fun date- and I didnt have to worry if you were going to pull a move at the end of the night, even better! I love you seester!! (p.s. I'm pretty sure if we had a running total of who helps out which sister more... lets just say, I'm glad we dont... or I have a lot more cleaning jobs ahead of me. :) Thanks again! love you!