Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall break proved to be another uneventful time in our lives. It was great to have both boys home all day for two days, we slept in, hung out in a pj's and cleaned the basement. All thrilling things for a 3 and 6 year old.

We did join some cousins for a trip to the pumpkin patch and the park. The boys loved it and lucky for Gibson, his allergies didn't flare up too much so he could still breathe when we left.

The day was a warm one. Perfect pumpkin patch weather. Here are the kids sitting on top of a huge hay bail. Cousins Abigail and Braxton complete the picture.

Easton loved playing in the corn pile. He loved it so much he enjoyed throwing it up over his head and squealing in delight as others were pelleted with his corn drops.

We ventured into the pumpkin fields to find the perfect pumpkins. Easton got tired of searching really quick and a lovely pout followed. Or maybe he's showing off his belt. He insisted on wearing a belt which I highly encourage, seeing the picture above, I think it needs to be tightened a bit.



Creed found several perfect pumpkins but when he tried to lift them he'd get really frustrated that he couldn't lift them off the vine. Plus there were stickers out there!
Gibson and Braxton searched high and low for the perfect take home pumpkin. Gibson found a great "square" pumpkin that looks a lot like a show on the Disney channel. He was super excited and has been very protective of his square pumpkin. Surely I took a picture of it, surely I did.



The great thing about this pumpkin patch is that it's less than 4 minutes from our house. It's pretty simple but according to my boys, it was the best thing EVER!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

So jealous. It's too humid in Texas to pick your pumpkins off the vine, so I'm stuck with Wal-Mart or expensive "pumpkin patches" where they are pre-picked and placed in a field. Great post!

Aly G said...

So fun! I can't believe how big your babers is! So crazy!!! Looks like such a cute place, is it in Mapleton near Ellens barn? Cute pics!!