Sunday, July 18, 2010



Lately I've been in a blogging slump. Totally lost the blogging feeling.

Not that I don't want to blog. I just feel pressure to make it comparable to other fabulous blogs out there and mine, is simply not fabulous. So instead of blogging about our everyday moments, I blog about nothing. You know, if you're not going to win, don't play kindof thing.

It eats at me everyday. I still read blogs and I want to blog and so I've had some decisions to make.

Either put the blog aside so I can stop feeling guilt OR start blogging again for me and to document our memories.

I couldn't bring myself to walk away from the blog all together. So, I'm making a commitment to blog again. Fabulous pictures or not. I'm going to document the life I'm living with our crazy bunch of boys.

While I do blog for me, I also blog because I enjoy having a "following" per say. I like to hear what people think and I like knowing people care what we do. Since we went private, I don't feel like any of that is there. So I'm lifting the private setting for now and becoming unprivatized {is that a word}! I want my readers back. Maybe I'll get myself going once again so I can capture the moments that I live for each and every day.

These moments are quickly passing. I can sense it. I see it each morning when my kids get up and they look like they've grown an inch in their sleep. I'm going to capture them little and together, we'll watch our baby boys become little men, because it's happening.




9 comments:

Sarah said...

totally have the same feelings lately. It is a hard decision. Do it for YOU. for your records and maybe even one day you can print it as a book (that is my plan). love you girl and glad you are still hopping along.

Unknown said...

argh amen. I hate that what other people say and think is so important. Sometimes I want to just quit blogging all together.

I'm glad you're not quitting. I love your posts. plus you could post something like everyday about the thing's Easton says.

"if you spank my bum will it spank my brian?"

Unknown said...

cough...brain.

not brian. Go me.

Casey said...

DON'T STOP!! You don't know how many useful tips of information I have aquired from your blog!! I talk to you often BUT I get to see more to your life through your blog. I love it...keep it up!! I will comment more if that helps.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

I'm so glad you aren't private anymore. Private blogs don't come through my Google Reader and then I rarely check them. Since I (used) to love reading your blog I'm excited to stalk your life again. You always have such a fun slant on life (no pressure or anything). Thanks!

♥Shelley said...

I think anyone who blogs can relate. I've been through plenty of slumps of my own. But since all of our family is so very far away, I want them to get a glimpse of the the little things here and there. Hope you're enjoying your summer : )

TaylorClan said...

Keep on blogging! Its the little things that make it so fun to read.

The Kirby's said...

I think I have decided to quit. I only keep mine up because it has the links I like to check.

Unrelated...thanks for your help the last couple days. Its been greatly appreciated.

Kati said...

I go through slumps like that all the time. But, as I go back and read things on my blog I realize that I have documented so many cool things for my kids! I think we will be so grateful that we have these sweet memories of our babies. I think blogging is a wonderful gift we will be able to always have and cherish. Now...as for the public vs private thing, totally a personal choice. Either way, you are documenting the everyday things that would otherwise be forgotten. I think it will be one thing as mothers, one day we will see as a huge life accomplishment!
Keep it up...love the stories of your cute boys.