Motherhood

Let's face it. This is as good as it gets when it comes to taking pictures of me and my three little guys.
Motherhood is hard. Somedays it's harder than others but no matter what kind of day it was, at the end of the day, I love them more than I did when the day started.
My boys are my everything. I honestly can't think of a greater calling or a greater responsibility than raising them and praying that we're raising them right. Trying to find the balance of saying NO and giving into their wants, buying them the things they need but still allowing them to use their imaginations or learning what it feels like to "go without." Making sure they eat a well balanced diet that doesn't fully consist of apple juice and fruit snacks and these days, watermelon and popsicles.
Enrolling them in classes to figure out what they want to do and what they are good at yet not over-scheduling them so it becomes "just another class."
Allowing them independence to venture outside to the neighbors house and knowing that I've taught them well not to run into the busy road or to come back home at a certain time.
Honestly, there are days when I'd call myself a good mom and then there are days when I feel like all I've done is raise my voice and knit pick everything they did wrong that day.
Balance. Tomorrow brings a new day.
Trying to parent to three different personalities is hard. Gibson is so tender hearted that anything negative sends him to tears, apologies and pictures of I love you's and "this is my best work mom, just for you." Easton is a no fear, no nonsense kid who takes his punishment and moves on. Creed, when told No, runs in the opposite direction crying and then plops his head down like a flamingo and cries.
I never was told that I'd one day have the kids I swore I'd never have. The kids who have lunch on their face at dinner time. The kids who aren't wearing shoes and have a runny nose because I haven't seen them to wipe it. The kids who won't drink milk or water. The kids who cry in the grocery store because I won't give in to the treat demand and I'm the parent who ignores it and keeps strolling as if they aren't saying a word. Yes. Those kids.
However, I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. They are handsome, respectful, kind, talented, loving and obedient. I honestly love being their mom.
I love the bouquet of paper flowers Gibson so proudly gave me. His artwork is all over it. I love the rose Easton gave me {thanks to his primary teachers} and topping it off with a pedicure and some new lotion, I was set.
Motherhood is hard but it's the best thing I've ever done. It's so rewarding and the benefits of hugs and kisses anytime I want isn't too shabby!
Happy Mother's Day 2010.

10 comments:
beautiful post Sydney! And Gibson looks so so much like you in that bottom picture!!!
I agree Syd! Great pics. Sometimes these are my favorite ones. Because most the time there is not perfect picture. This is how the boys are right here and now.
Love the blonde hair. (dark is cute too!) I just know you as a blonde.
Call ya later to chat.
glad to hear I am not the only one... boys are hard. but it's nice to know that anything can be solved with a hug and a kiss from MOM. I love it when they want no one but MOM (Blayne is that way at bedtime already, wants nothing to do with dad, but when handed to MOM, all is right with the world and he is content)
love this! you are a beautiful momma, sydney.. those boys are lucky to have you! xx
You look gorgeous! What cute boys you have. Nice post.
what a handsome crew ya got. The pics tell it all- so good to chat with you the other day. We need to do that more often. love your hair by the way. hang it there with those not so good days- we all have them trust me.
loves.
You are darling Syd so are those 3 boys. Happy Motherhood!
I love that top picture. It's so real because you're so calm in the midst of craziness!
Motherhood does sound hard - like I was telling you the other day, You're seriously super woman. I don't understand how you do it.
What a sweet post and they are so adorable. By the way, I love love love love love love love your hair!!
Yeah, I'm behind reading this - but I love catching up with the Condie's! What a great post. You said it all perfectly. You are a great mom!
Post a Comment