Easter Egg Hunt 2010

the local Rotary club sponsors the annual Easter Egg hunt at our high school the Saturday before Easter. It was cold. I believe around 34 degrees cold.
They spread candy across the entire football field and very few plastic eggs. If you find a plastic egg you win a larger prize like a stuffed animal, toy or even a bike.
We explained to Gibson that if he found an egg he'd win a larger prize, otherwise, for him to load up his basket with some of the oodles of candy on the field.
20 minutes later, the football field had all but cleared and Gibson kept running up and down the field searching for an egg. As he saw several children ride away on their new bikes and others carrying giant stuffed bunnies, tears filled his eyes and he was so heartbroken that he didn't search fast enough to find an egg.
Talk about tugging at the heartstrings!
Now we have baskets of candy we'll be donating to Grandma Condie's cookie jars and a determined little boy for next year to run faster and search quicker for one of the few "golden" eggs!
2 comments:
I tried to take Nate, but didn't know when the hunt was! What time was it at? We went to the HS just before nine and it was vacant. That's what I get for being unprepared. Maybe next year!
Oh, Anna. It starts at 10. Over by 10:10. Don't you read the Springville Herald anymore? I had totally forgotten but the Herald reminded me!
Post a Comment