Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Memorable Evening


A few years ago, a memorable evening for Jared and I would not have consisted of spending $37 on tickets for a 3D movie to Toy Story, let alone staying in the theater to watch a second one.

However, that was a few years ago. These days, there's nothing we love more than seeing our boys happy and taking them to Toy Story 3D brought smiles to all of our faces.

We didn't tell the boys we were taking them to the movie. I threw in their costumes and asked them if they'd like to put them on once we parked. You can see the answer!

Another $20 for popcorn and kids packs, the event was almost perfect. Gibson sat on one side of me quoting the show and Easton was on the other acting it out with the Buzz he brought with him. Jared and I beamed as we watched the sheer delight in our boys' faces.

It has been 3 years of a Buzz faze for Gibson and going on 2 years for Easton. With the upcoming release of Toy Story 3, I'm certain, Buzz and Woody are here to stay in our family.

{thank you grandma and papa Taylor for coming to get Creed, he never would have made it through infinity and beyond}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Maybe I will have to do that on my date with Coleman. He LOVES buzz right now. He is going to be Buzz for Halloween. (It looks like your boys might be buzz as well?) Your boys looked like they had a blast.

Florrie said...

Oh you brave, brave souls....staying for a two-fer like that. My two youngest would have barely lasted through the first. They look like they loved it though.....so cute.

And isn't it just plain ridiculous how much they charge for those 3D movies? Last time we went as a fam it cost us $50 JUST TO GET IN. Wowza.

The Wright's said...

I totally thought of your family when I saw the ad! We actually went to see it but I was sick as to how much it cost me that I really didn't enjoy the show. I ended up taking TWO EXTRA friends with us (without realizing just how much this sweet little outing cost me.) We've exceeded our movie budget for the upcoming five years! :)

Gald you had fun. It was fun to watch Jake's face. He laughed the entire time like it was new to him. So I guess it was worth it.

I am still in awe that your boys are still attached to this movie after all these years! I wish my kids would stick with something for longer than a month! What cute boys you have.

Mary Ellen and Kevin said...

Oh for fun... The things I have to look forward to in a couple of years

katie said...

He sure makes one cute Buzz

♥Shelley said...

What a fun evening for such cute boys!

Morgan Greaves said...

One of my favorite blog posts of all times! I love that you guys get so excited seeing your little guys so happy! I LOVE that they have their costumes on! You are a fabulous mommy!!!!

Holly said...

I think you've made my decision for me-- I just noted this 3D version was in the theater and was waffling about whether or not we should go. I'll get out the "popcorn purse" (You know, the one you stuff all those homemade sandwich bags full of popcorn into)and we'll head to the movies.

Tara said...

I know you posted this a long time ago, but I'm just now catching up on your blog (I've been a slacker for almost a year! should really get back in the groove)

Anyway... forgot to email you about this, but I sent you a text message as we were settling into our seats. no idea what it said, but something along the lines of "thinking of you... wondering if you're at the theater right now, too...blah blah."

Got a message back hours later... something like "wrong number... not who you think you're writing to." I was bummed that I had the wrong number!

Then, a couple of hours later, got another text from "Sydney"..."who are you trying to reach?" I didn't write back.

The NEXT DAY... got a message "WHO IS THIS???" as if I were harassing them!!! Sorry folks... it used to be Syney's number, really!!!!! Silly stalker.

Anyway... thought of you. And apparently need your new number.

:-) sorry for the long comment.