Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cousins, cousins, oh my...


For the past ten days, we've had eight extra house guests. My boys have been in cousin heaven! Each of them had a cousin close to their age and from the moment they woke up to the moment the cousins were shuffled to the basement, it was all about cousins.

The TV was rarely on. We only let them play the Wii once, maybe twice. They kept themselves entertained by playing pretend, basketball, a box of sidewalk chalk and riding bikes and scooters.

We fed ourselves into a near coma. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, dessert and popsicles. Repeated 10 days. Paper plates became my friend as did my crockpot, Little Caesars and leftovers.

Some days the cousins went to explore the surroundings and we waited patiently for their return. Other days, we joined them. The pool, Hiking the Y, going to the park, the movie, etc.

We loved having them here {along with 11 other cousins from Texas and Alabama who were staying at my moms}. I have intentions to blog about all our adventures but first I must catch up on the laundry, clean the bathrooms, wipe smudges off windows, walls and chairs and shamefully, catch up with my DVR.

I must say, this summer is going so fast!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

So fun! We're in cousin heaven too. Justin's kids have been here for 3 weeks, and we have 2 more to go. I wish I could say they keep themselves entertained as well as your gang did, but alas, I've had to play the court jester an awful lot.

I agree though... summer is going awfully fast!

katie said...

Cousins are the BEST!!! Enjoy

The Barton Family said...

My kids are still talking about all the fun they had!! A million thnx again Syd, you're amazing to put up with us that long- your kids too, they were so good to share with us!!