The day after I wrote my last blog entry, I woke up to a text from my mom telling me my sister Chana, 23 1/2 weeks pregnant had gone to the hospital because of bleeding and cramping.
I didn't think much of it. I thought she might be put on bed rest or maybe she was being overly cautious, I said a little prayer for her and waited.
I received a text a short time later that said "Chana had baby."
I started crying and stopped about three weeks later. The month of April was an emotional one, one that I need to blog about in it's entirety, but for now, I want to link to a photographer named Holly Brimhall who took some beautiful pictures of baby Freddie, 3 days before he passed away.
You can read it here.
I was able to fly to Phoenix for a day {literally} and be there to meet and say goodbye to Freddie. I have never cried so much and so hard in my life. It was an emotional week of ups and downs but after he passed away there was an absolute peace in the room. We all knew that Freddie's purpose on earth had been fulfilled. His earthly mission was complete and because of the knowledge of eternal families that I have, I know that Chana and Fred will see Freddie again and be able to raise him in the eternities.
My sweet and strong sister has also been blogging her story. It starts here.
The healing has begun and for all of us. We are so grateful for the photographers who donated their time and talents to photograph our Freddie as he lived, and after he passed. Those pictures will be a constant reminder of the life we need to live so that we can be with Freddie again.
4 comments:
I saw that beautiful post on Holly's blog. I had no idea that was your sister. My heart aches for her and your entire family. I hope you all can find peace and the strength needed to heal from this beautiful, but heart breaking experience. Baby Freddie touched my life and made me think about a lot of things today. I am grateful you and your sister are sharing your stories.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet sister and family. What a hard, hard thing to go through.
After I saw your mom on GTU, I checked out Chana's blog. Wow! I cried and cried for her and your family. She is so sweet and such an inspiration to me. I have been thinking about and praying for your family ever since. What a difficult thing for her and Fred to go through. I'm so sorry!!
Oh Syd- I am so sorry. I wasn't prepared for all of that when I started reading. I can tell your sister has a great deal of faith and I know you are an incredible comfort to her. families are forever. Love you.
Post a Comment