Monday, April 4, 2011

A favorite repeated..



One of my first posts on this blog was a little packing secret I swore by when we lived in Idaho and traveled to Utah frequently. It was the only way I could keep the boys clothes organized in a suitcase and the only way I could figure out how to {easily} keep what was clean and dirty once we got there.

Fast forward to now living in Utah. We don't travel much anymore and I haven't had the need to pack the boys for more than an overnight trip until this past weekend.

Jared and I joined the other docs of the office and went to Denver for the weekend to attend a dental seminar. Our boys were shuffled from here to there and I pulled out the ziplocks and immediately remembered why I loved this system! So easy and efficient, I had to share again.

Basically as you can see from the picture, I put each days outfit into a gallon size ziplock bag. I complete it with a change of underwear and socks and on the outside write their initial. That way, if they are dressing themselves or when my mom goes to get them dressed, she just grabs a bag for each child. No matching, no fuss, total ease.

Plus, you can basically zip all the air out of the ziplock bags and 3 boys clothes for 4 days fit into one suitcase. It's certainly one of my favorite finds and now I find myself thinking where we can travel next so I can use this system again and again!

6 comments:

Morgan Greaves said...

Such a good idea!! I miss being by everyone in school and hearing great ideas like these almost daily :)

The Barton Family said...

I TOTALLY pack that way....now that my kids are older I even write their names on their bags, so everyone can find everything they need while on vacation-LOVE IT!!

janille said...

I Love this idea and will be using it for sure!!

leslie said...

i should hire you to organize my life. hehe.. it was great seeing you for just enough time to say hi&bye last weekend. :)

Aly G said...

Okay best idea ever! I am so doing this! You are one organized girly! Hope you had fun in Denver!:) Gotta love trips!

katie said...

I'm doing this on my next trip. You go momma-I'm always learning something new from you!! Love it