Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cheering for BYU!


A few weeks ago Jared took Gibson to a BYU basketball game. I think they were in the nose bleeds and I think Gibson spent the majority of the game playing the iTouch {bless the iTouch} and eating his fruit snacks he snuck in, in his jacket.

However, attending that one game has made Gibson to worlds biggest BYU fan! It was mentioned that the BYU game is tonight and cheers erupted along with the "can we have a BYU party?"

Who am I to say NO to that? Being the festive person I am, I went to Reams, scooped out all the blue jelly beans in the bulk bins as well as the blue and white robin eggs, grabbed the last 3 Jones blue soda's and made up a batch of some caramel corn adding blue food coloring.

I got the idea for the popcorn as well as the recipe from Our Best Bites. I would have done her other party favors but I ran out of time and well, I'm just too lazy to dip chocolate just for the 5 of us!

One tip for making the popcorn. Use the gel food coloring that you can find in the cake decorating aisle at Wal-mart or at Michaels, etc. The runny stuff you find near the cake mixes is just garbage. My first batch I dropped at least 25 drops of the runny food coloring into my mixture and it still turned out gray. The second batch, I used just a dab of the blue gel stuff and it turned out beautiful.

So GO BYU Cougars! We're rootin' for you to make it to the Elite Eight!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, my how times have changed! Way to go, Gibson! I love that you've helped your mother see the light. ;)
Gooooooooooooooooooooo, cougars!

p.s. I hope he appreciated your cute efforts despite the sad outcome of the game.

katie said...

You are the cutest mom! Go BYU!