Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What did you do today?

I dread being asked the question "what did you do today" because honestly, looking around the house. I'm totally not sure. Living with the Tasmanian devil has really kept me on my toes and off my game lately. I had my camera on me this day, and this was my afternoon.

Creed got high centered on his crib rail when he tried to climb out instead of taking an afternoon nap. Lucky for me he tried to climb on the wrong rail and the wall held him up for a bit. Unlucky for him, I was letting him fuss and he had to stay like this for about 15 minutes while I waited for him to calm down. I think he was so scared all he could do was hang on and whimper.

He hasn't done it again.



Oh, a storm passed through and we have one spot a house away where the water pools and leaves a nice puddle. When he spots the puddle, I can't keep him out of it. He'll play in it for an hour if I'd let him. This leaves me standing in the middle of the road watching him....for an hour.

When I finally do bring him in because I need to start dinner, change over the laundry or anything else. I get a full fledge tantrum as he tries to get back outside. It's awesome.

I have forgotten how exhausting an 18 month old is! Good thing he's cute.


We end the day like this. plum tired and snuggling with his favorite person on earth....his daddy. No matter how hard I try, he won't fall asleep with me holding him. However, wrapped in Jared's arms, he can't help but rest from his hard day of playing.

{contrary to what my neighbors may think. My son does wear pants and shoes most of the time. however, this day, he never slowed down long enough for me to put them back on him after changing his diaper!}

13 comments:

♥Shelley said...

Good for you on capturing and documenting all the crazy moments of the day. Hopefully someday one of his boys will run him crazy and give him a little payback.

510Jen said...

Oh man looks like out days out quite similar. My 18 month old is also quite active. Not sure we should get them together. I love all the pics you got of him. And the last one, how can you not love them asleep right.

We are heading to Disney the week after UEA. It's a pretty busy week for J the week of so not a good vacation time for us.

Yes it is time to take your boys to see Buzz.

Unknown said...

I worn out just look at the pictures. I love that little man even though he's not a big fan of me anymore...

miss you!

Anonymous said...

your child is crazy- I have come to the conclusion. But cute... so at least he has that going for him eh?... love you long time my dear sister- and miss you even more.

Jessica Raber said...

LOVE the crib one!! That is too funny!!

katie said...

Cracking up on the pic you got of him hanging on for dear life-AWESOME!! He would get along very well with Brinklee-fulll fledge tandrum today in the middle of the mall..nice!!!

Zipporah said...

I love it! He sure keeps you busy but is so so cute! Miss ya!

Aly G said...

Gotta love boys right! So nice to read about someone els's live with boys instead of thinking I am the only one with monsters running around! I can't believe he didn't pull the door handles right off the door! That pic is my favorite! Sad that I still remember meeting that sweet newborn 18 months ago like it was yesterday! Crazy! Do you ever hear "you have your hands FULL!" I hear it every day and not sure how many times a day out here in Co! (getting a complex) Miss ya!

janille said...

Boys are great!! I was excited when I came across your blog after looking at Crystals.

The Barton Family said...

every family should have a Creed....we have a little man we call Travis (when we were meeting people at my mom's funeral, they would tell us the loved hearing stories of Travis)...if he plays it right he could turn into a legend by the time he turns 6....

Morgan Greaves said...

Oh Syd...that picture of him hanging on for dear life is great! You have got to be one exhausted girl at the end of the day. Like you said it's a good thing he is so DARN CUTE!!!!

Morgan Greaves said...

Oh and the crib...that was hilarious!!!

Tiffany D. Montgomery said...

Love, love, love Creed! What great shots! The puddle pictures was fabulous art, the crib photo (and story) hilarious! My favorite is the door pic! So, so funny! I'm so glad you take time to shoot these moments AND document them! I am terrible at journaling! I need to be better! I don't think any of "us neighbors" have ever thought that Creed never wears pants or shoes! You're silly! So happy we're neighbors! We think you're great!